Getting Physical

10:09 PM Posted In Edit This 4 Comments »



This is a note card and envelope set I made for my dear friend Gina for her birthday. I die cut the folder at a local scrapbook store and knew it would be the perfect project for my "die hard gym/exercising" friend, Gina for her birthday. Of course the Hanna Stamps Getting Physical stamp set was the perfect selection for the images too!

I stamped the main image and the water bottle with Marvy Black #1 and colored both with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol. Then, I paper pieced the articles of clothing onto my very dedicated workout Hanna (wonder if she knows Gina! LOL).

I die cut the main image with my Spellbinders Nestabilites die and backed it up with a larger layer from the same die cut set. I made the flower with an assortment of Stampin Up! punches and threaded the black ribbon through the pre-cut slits to hold it all closed.



This is the folder from a top view. I thought it might be helpful to show what it looks like from the top.




This is the portfolio opened! The right hand side contains several personalized/monogrammed post cards made with the JustRite Stampers monogram set. I made matching envelopes for each postcard~they are on the left hand side of the folder. Happy Birthday, dear Gina!!!

4 comments:

Debby said...

Kathie this is incredibly cute.

KellyRae said...

Very cool project. Gina's a lucky gal to have a pal like you.

Etha said...

Oh that set is so fun! love the image and paper piecing in combo with pencils, super. And the monograms look so neat. I bet she loves this!!
Hey I left you a little something on my blog go grab it :)

Carole Beath said...

What a wonderful card, Kathy.