Praying For You

7:06 PM Posted In Edit This 5 Comments »


BE SURE TO CLICK ON THIS PICTURE FOR A NICE LARGE VIEW!!!

I made this card for a friend who is ill. I thought a bright and cheery card with a loving christian theme and message was a wonderful way to let her know that I was praying for her recovery. It's great to be able to create something beautiful for someone else that's suffering in hopes to brighten their day, right? Although this card was time consuming, I used the time to pray for my friend as I created and to send prayers of thanksgiving to God for all the blessings in my life.

This card is called a "Tri Shutter Card". I found some wonderful directions on Bonnies' blog HERE. I love the fact that the design gives so many little places to create! I used Stampin' Up's Tempting Torquoise cardstock for the base and some white scrapbook paper (which already had the thread running through it) for the outside panels. The black and white paper is velvet flocked (which came that way) and the black panels are plain black cardstock which I embossed in silver.

The white flowers are from Michael's in the wedding section. I added the silver metal studs and the torquoise gems to them. The hanging beads are from a fabric store; the little crystal cross is from Michael's.

Since the praying hands stamp is directional, I decided to stamp it on acetate with Black Staz-On ink so I could flip one of the images over, making them both face inward. I used a technique called "Metallic Echo" behind the hands. The technique is from Technique Junkies, a wonderful technique group that I couldn't do without!

And lastly, the main image is stamped and embossed.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you've enjoyed this project!!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Oh Kathie! This is truly lovely. Your friend must be really blessed to have someone like you to pray for her and show her how much you care.

You are right about this being time consuming. Not the card base or applying DSP to it; but deciding how to decorate the rest of it! You used your time wisely.

Etha said...

this is too cool! I love this tri-shutter interpretation, the hanging beads are wonderful!

Sheila Turin said...

Kathie,

As you know I LOVE your work.

I wanted to make a tri shutter card but after seeing yours, I can't imagine myself coming up with something good enough.

Miss ya!

Carole M. said...

Kathie, thankyou for your comments on my blog. I've just skipped over to yours and this latest post. Your tri-card sure has the W-O-W factor. A truly wonderful from the heart felt gift for your friend. I'll be sure to come back to your blog often! Yours in paper-crafting!

Wendy Hawkinson said...

This card is amazing, Kathie! Wow is the only word I can think of to describe it!

I left you a blog award on my blog--I hope you accept it!

Smiles,
Wendy
www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com