Echoes of Summer Rose in Pink

8:03 PM Posted In , Edit This 5 Comments »



This is a design I did for Clear Artistic Stamps. I am a "By Invitation Only" Guest Designer for the month of May, so please stop by and take a look at some of the wonderful stamps and a few of my designs while you're there.

This card features the rose image from the Echoes of Summer set. When I saw the image, I knew I had the perfect technique for it. I used the Marker Watercolor technique which I learned at Technique Junkies.

I stamped the image with VersaMark ink and embossed it with PSX gold embossing powder. Then, I used Tombow markers and an aqua pen from Stampin Up! to do the technique on 140# cold pressed watercolor paper. Easy peasy!

The base cardstock is Bazzill; the layer behind the main image is a Spellbinders Nestabilities die. LOVE IT!! The ribbon is from Michael's; the pin and jewels is something I made myself from a corsage pin I purchased at WalMart. The beads are from my stash. Corner piercing was done with a straight pin and an Ornare corner piercing template.

Thanks for looking. Stop by again soon!!

~Kathie

5 comments:

Pam said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Debby said...

This is gorgeous and my eyes about popped out of my head after browsing your blog. Yowza! Everything is incredibly beautiful!

Etha said...

oh this is just wonderful! the coloring looks very interesting and I love that corner piercing under the pearl! nice idea!!

Anonymous said...

Kathie a BEAUTIFUL card!!!!! I love visiting your blog and viewing your ART!!!

BTW, "Tag" your it!!! If you're interested in playing, please check out my blog!!!!

http://pennyduncancreations.blogspot.com

BoxerBrats said...

You come up with the cutest ideas! I love popping in and checking out your ideas.

Would you mind taking a look at an entry I have in a contest? I finally entered something! My layout is #267, and I entered a contest at http://theoriginalscrapbox.com. I am going for their EZ View Desk!

I would sure appreciate not only the vote, but the feedback.

Thanks a bunch!

Laura