Bloomin Birthday

5:27 PM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »

Two cards made with a technique inspired by Michele Zindorf. Her fabulous tutorial can be found here:

I'm really enjoying this size of card. It fits perfectly in a #10 envelope! It's made from a piece of 12 X 12; cut the 12" into thirds, giving you 3 pieces that measure 4" X 12". Then, fold one of the 4" X 12" pieces at 3" for the flap. Your finished size is then 9" X 4", a perfect #10 envie size (and who doesn't have a lot of those laying around?????).

Stamps, Ink, Paper: Stampin' Up!

Spiral Clip, Yarn: JoAnn's

Bling: WalMart

Potholder Notes

12:21 PM Posted In Edit This 15 Comments »

A note pad holder made from a potholder folded in half. I sewed a large button near the middle of one edge, so that when the potholder is folded, the loop on the opposite acts as a closure when wrapped around the button. The outside image is by Yvonne Albritton (click the button on the side of my blog to go to her site) and is colored with Close To My Heart markers and Prismacolor pencils. The pencils were then blended with Gamsol. Ribbon is from Yvonne Albritton Designs, rolling pin button is from I tied a piece of black hemp thru the button holes to finish it. The inside note pad is a mini composition note pad (from Dollar Tree) and is covered with background paper from Yvonne Albritton Designs. Ink pen is from Dollar Tree; I cut a small bit of coordinating background paper and put it inside the barrel of the pen. So that the notepad holder could be used many times after the paper is gone, I glued a piece of black cardstock to the potholder and glued it on three sides, leaving one side open. The composition pad's back cover just slides in an out so when it's empty, another pad can replace it. NOTE: Everything in this project (ribbon, button, paper) was glued with Fabric Glue. It works like a charm on all surfaces. It can be found at Michaels, JoAnn's, and WalMart.

Vellum Garden

6:32 PM Posted In Edit This 12 Comments »

These main images (all images by Stampendous) on these cards were created by stamping and embossing the images with VersaMark ink onto vellum carstock and then they were embossed with white embossing powder. The vellum was scratched on the backside with a plastic tool (to give it some "tooth")and then chalk was applied. I molded and shaped the flowers and butterfly a little more by just carefully bending them with my fingers. The flowers have micro beads in the middle (I attached them with some crystal effects). Backgrounds on the cards were Cuttlebug'd~on the pink card, I added some chalk to the raised areas.