Harp Themed Party Invitations

3:14 PM Edit This 6 Comments »

My dear friend Alla is turning.............ah, I don't know if she wants me to tell. But I will tell you she is such a darling person, that I volunteered to make the invitations for her party!!

She is a phenomenol harpist and is celebrating her party "in style". The bash will include harpists from all over the state, performing at the festivities. WOW!! I had to do something wonderful for her, so I chose this design that I CASED from my friend, Gina. Gina's design was for a family member who was getting married and I loved it so much that she gave me one for my sample basket. When Alla's party was being planned, I knew just what I wanted to do for her. I made a few small changes, but overall you can see how Gina's design made my job soooo easy. Thanks Gina!!!


Here is the party invitation, closed. It's a flap style card with a pocket which contains an insert with all of the party information. The original cardstock size (flat) is 5 1/2" X 8 1/2"; I scored it at 2 1/4" from the bottom to make the pocket. The top flap (beginning at the opposite end) is scored at 3 3/4". Cardstock is Bazzill.

The rest of the card is basic stamping and embossing. The embossed gold layer is a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The scallop cirle is from Stampin' Up with a 1 3/8" white circle layer on top of that. The small harp stamp was a gift from another harpist friend; company listed on the wood is "Asya Graphics, Denver, CO".

An interesting addition to this card, thanks to my good friend Gina, was her suggestion of punching the scalloped circle and the 1 3/8" circle out of chipboard first. Then, I layered the cardstocks onto those. What a difference that made in the overall look of the medallion when it was all put together. The medallion had a much more professional, finished look and wasn't so flimsy on the invitation. Gina, you're such a smartie!!

Lastly, the musical score is an all time favorite stamp of mine from JudiKins.


An open view of the invitation. I printed the party information on plain white cardstock on my computer. It was a bit too plain so I added a large harp image from Rubbernecker (probably retired now~I bought it over 10 years ago). I stamped the image with Memories Shadow Ink "Rose". It made all the difference, don't you think??



And here's the whole boatload of invitations, all ready for mailing out to all of the harpists!! Happy Birthday Alla!!

6 comments:

Gail said...

Wonderful! I'm looking forward in making invites for a baby shower! Your blog should be 'Inspirations by Kathie'

Susan said...

WOW---just beautiful--lucky to be your friend, on that invitation list!

I Brake For Stamps said...

Just beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

You really are an inspiration and artist! I am so lucky to know you, friend. You bring out the best in all of us-and bring out things that we don't know that we are capable of.

bonnie32002 said...

These are wonderful...I especially like the one in tan, it just really stands out!

Amy Sheffer said...

So beautiful!! How awesome that you were able to customize the birthday invitations and decorations with the harp - love it!