Glass Shards Holy Cross

5:02 PM Posted In Edit This 5 Comments »

I'm loving my new Sizzix die "Ornate Cross #2". I created a background for the card using a technqiue from the latest Technique Junkies newsletter called "Watercolor Resist". What a fast and easy and VERY beautiful background this creates. Here is a little bit about how I made the card:
#1. I created the Watercolor Resist background.
#2. The die cuts on the corners are from Cuttlebug.
#3. I added self adhesive rhinestones inside of the die cut's corners.
#4. The cross was die cut with a Sizzix die (Ornate Cross #2). I used the chipboard from the inside of the package when you purchase a sheet of postage stamps. WOW, it cuts like a dream. I've been saving mine for months now and just tried it. Wonderful stuff and it's FREE!
4. I used Art Institute Glitter's "Dry Clear Adhesive"~I applied it to the chipboard, the sprinkled on "Glass Shards" (also from Art Institute Glitter. I added a square jewel that I purchased in a bag of jewelry pieces at Michaels. When all of it was dry, I attached it to the card with mounting foam tape.
5. The cord is from the thrift store, so no brand name is available. It's basically just a cotton string with lots of silver metallic strands in it.

Paper, watercolor crayons, and stamps from Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

FireCracker082 said...

OOOH< this is gorgeous!!! and I love your blog bg. too!

Ret said...

Wow, Kathie! This is so beautiful!
So very classy! What color of glass shards did you use for this?
I like the bg you created for it too! Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Anna Matthews said...

Kathie, this is so beautiful! I love the colors and your TJ background is awesome!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! These are absolutely incredible Kathy!! I just love them!!
Sistah Lorraine
:0)

ArtisticInkspirations said...

All of these cross cards are gorgeous.. but this one is my most favorite!! GOOD JOB Kathie!!!