Elegant Cone

1:02 PM Edit This 3 Comments »



I made this wonderful cone by combining products from two of my all time favorite companies~The Paper Temptress and Michael Strong Rubber Stamps. The paper is a new sheet called "Touche black" and it looks and feels like nothing you've ever seen before!! To me it feels like a cross between paper, plastic, and foam. Really a luxurious cardstock;it's a breeze to work with! As a note, I did discover that I had to score it with my scoring tool rather than just folding it over a ruler since the cardstock is heavier than the regular background-type cardstock (like I show in my Paper Cone tutorial below). The gold stock is from PT too; it's called Antique Gold. I ran it through my Cuttlebug to give it some texture and a nice design.

I found the Touche' Black very user friendly with VersaMark ink and embossing powder! I used the Michael Strong stamp "Dragonfly" which was stamp with VM ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. I think the result was dy-no-mite!!

The black diamond shaped gems are from a sheet of stickers I purchased at Michael's as well as the hanging beads. I purchase them at Michael's or WalMart~they are sold by the yard for around 3 or 4 bucks a yard/package. The ferns (I call them "weeds" LOL) came from Michael's too. The gold studs are from my stash of stuff, so it was probably a mill ends store purchase. :)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy another Paper Cone!!

~Kathie

3 comments:

Etha said...

oh my gosh another beauty!! this is so bold and elegant, love that dragonfly in gold on black, WOW!

Evelyn S. said...

Just can't beat gold and black! This is a creation fit for royalty, for certain!

Carole Beath said...

The cones are just fantastic, but that black and gold is just so awesome ...