Glass Heart Tealight Candle Holder

1:53 PM Posted In Edit This 6 Comments »


Welcome to my Glass Heart Tealight Candle Holder Tutorial! I discovered that one of my Michael Strong Stamps (Cloisonne' Heart) was almost the perfect size for this candleholder. I purchased the candle holder at WalMart for 1.00 and brought it home and the process began.

To coordinate with the fall colors and decorating in my home, I chose Dee Gruenig's Blending Blox ink pads and used them direct to paper (just press them on your paper and pull down. Easy Peasy!). Then, I stamped with VersaMark and added brown embossing powder and heat embossed it.

The exact shape and size of the candleholder differed slightly from my stamp's shape and size, so I placed the candle holder on top of the image and drew a pencil line around it. Then I trimmed to the pencil line rather than the image line. That step made the image fit the glass holder perfectly!!

The photos below will take you throught the process, step by step. Now how can you beat a stamping project this affordable?? Michael Strong seems to always know what type and size of stamps to manufacture for these types of projects. I hope you enjoy!!











6 comments:

mE said...

Kathie - I love this candle holder!!! What a fun way to jazz it up! You could totally do this to other shapes and they'd make darling little Christmas gifts!

Inky Smiles!

Erin

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful Kathy! Thanks for the tutorial! How are you?

Tish Treadaway said...

Kathie, what a great tutorial and idea! Think of the possibilities with other items. Thank you!

Cheri W said...

Kathie...what a fantastic idea! Love the beautiful background you created behind the stamping.

Donna said...

Kathie, Thanks so much for the wonderful comments you left on my blog! I've just spent some time admiring your artwork...it's gorgeous and truly inspirational!

Lisa S. said...

Kathie, I'm a real Michael Strong fan, so I love this tealight project! I thought he only sold wood mounted stamps, though--did you remove the wood mount or can you buy them that way now? Just curious.

Lisa