Lace Dragonfly

8:25 PM Edit This
Card measures 6" X 6"
Background paper is from Michael's
Mulberry papers (both blue and white) is from local art supply store
Cardstock is Bazzill Basics
Corner embellishment is Cuttlebug die from silver cardstock
Ribbon is from Michael's
Silver string is Stampin' Up!
Oval punches are Stampin' Up!
Dragonfly image and text: Yvonne Albritton Designs http://www.yvonnealbritton.com/
I watercolored the blue mulberry paper a bit on the edges. I used a Stampin' Up! aqua painter and SU Night of Navy ink. I created the blue splatters with a children's Blo Pen that I bought at Michaels a long time ago. I stitched the edge of the background paper with my Janome Sew Mini Sewing Machine. After I handcut the dragonfly, I gently bent the wings upward and then pulled outward by holding the wing between my thumbnail and my middle finger to get them to arch and bend. Realistic looking!