Cat Sympathy Card

9:16 PM Posted In , , Edit This 7 Comments »
Here's a card I made for some friends who recently lost their beloved cat to heart failure. I felt the least I could do for them was make a card. After all, isn't a card a hug with a fold in the middle? I hope it brings a smile to their faces. I used the Michael Strong cat image along with another Michael Strong image, Silhouette Fan. I embossed them with off-white embossing powder and then colored them in with Distress Inks. The images on the inside of the card were unmounted stamps purchases at rubber stamp shows. I'm woefully neglectful when it comes to keeping track of the manufacturer, so I apologize for not knowing the source of these. They're so wonderful, it's a shame I can't tell you where to find them. *sigh* I hope you enjoy the card and thanks for stopping by. Go hug a kitty! Kathie

7 comments:

Jacky said...

An absolutely AWESOME card, I hope it will bring them some comfort knowing you care. Very nice job!!

wwilloww said...

Hi Kathie, I know it's been quite a while hope you are well. I just had to comment on your cat sympathy card. It is so warm and comforting. I just know your friend appreciated it.

Terry said...

I am sure this lovely card will bring your friends some comfort! Sadly, our pets become family and recently I lost my bird of 25+ years and what a void! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Really made me smile! Enjoy the day!

Jan Castle said...

Cats RULE!!! Wonderful card Kathi...so elegant, warm and comforting!

ModernaDesignsArt said...

Kathie, this card is so elegant. I like the way it's colored and its composition.
You never sent me a sympathy card... but both our birthdays are coming soon!
Take a look at my blog, you've been awarded.
Hugs,
Dorly Weitzen, Israel

Beth Norman said...

So beautiful Kathy. I know it was well loved.

Chrissy D said...

Hi Kathie!!! How are you doing? You have been on my mind! Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you! Love, Chrissy D....